Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Hate Quotations. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Real education must ultimately be limited to men who insist on knowing. The rest is mere sheep herding. ~ Ezra Pound
 
If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.
~ Thomas Edison

Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. ~John Dewey

Results!  Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won’t work. ~ Thomas Edison, on his failure to achieve a working lightbulb

The recipe for perpetual ignorance is:  Be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge.
~ Elbert Green Hubbard

Learning how to learn is life’s most important skill.
~ Tony Buzan

A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink of it deeply, or taste it not, for shallow thoughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking deeply sobers us again.
~ Alexander Pope

The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to think – rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with the thoughts of other men. ~ James Beattie

Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.
-Isaac Asimoc

My grandmother wanted me to have an education, so she kept me out of school.
-Margaret Mead

Life is my college. May I graduate well, and earn some honors! ~Louisa May Alcott

A School is a building…Education is wherever we are. ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!