Friday, July 11, 2014

Lame Brain Water Skiing

I am still Homeschool Atheist Momma!
I was having an email exchange with a friend of mind, Edith Ann, and she totally busted me on something. She has an amazingly vibrant mind and I enjoy our conversations tremendously. I always learn something from her. She is one of those people who always has something new and interesting on her mind and who shares those exciting new things with you, you know? She reads cutting edge articles, websites, and books and I love it that she shares them with me; she keeps me informed-by-association.

This week she and I were talking about an article that she had shared with me. I replied to her email with some lame crap and she busted me saying I don't think you read the article fully; I think you replied without really informing yourself. And I admitted it, I did that.

I feel as though my ability to think, lately, is minimal. I can't keep two thoughts in my head at the same time and I forget everything. Sometimes I feel like my head is in P for Park. Mostly I am disconnected from the world and what is going on around me. I have no idea what was on the news this week; I have no idea what is going on in the world.

I have mentioned my role as a taxi driver, and that role is getting even worse. I'm really not complaining because I know that it is for this discreet time, it is that time of life when my time is not my own. I know it won't last forever.

But I'm embarrassed when I can't even hold a decent conversation.
I feel like I am water skiing over life.
Imagine that speedboat pulling you along, all of the depth of the water below you, and you are just skimming the top for a split second before moving on to the next spot on the lake.
That is me.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!