Sunday, September 13, 2015

That's Me in the Corner, That's Me in the Spotlight

If you are familiar with the Myers-Briggs temperament sorter you
will recognize the letters ENFP or INFP.  If you are not familiar, perhaps you would like to check out this website for a mini quiz sorter. The longer version of the quiz can actually take over an hour to take but this quiz will take you about ten minutes and then you will understand all of the letters that so many people talk about.



When I took the long version of the test about twenty years ago I got the results XNFP.  The "X" tells that I am half "E" for extrovert and half "I" for introvertWhen I took the mini quiz I got the exact same results. It's kind of odd being this middle-of-the-road person for alot of reasons. Some people refer to this as being an ambivert

I tend to do public things, this blog, a second blog, my show on SecularTv, and other public things in my personal life, so people are sometimes surprised to discover that I am also kind of an introvert - I recharge in solitude. I NEED to recharge in solitude. But I am also energized in public places and in relationships with loved ones.

I'm mentioning this because I'm on a road that is kind of taxing and I'm really needing the solitude to recharge. Maybe I don't really need to explain this, but I'm going to give it a try anyway. I miss this blog and I do plan on coming back to it. But this month, and for several months to come, I'm in a very strange place that often leaves me feeling like toast.

I still check my blog regularly, wondering if my writing is still relevant to anyone. I'm feeling far more introverted right now. Many things are coming together that require my emotional energy. Add to that that I am away from home, away from my loving and supportive husband, away from my dearly-loved children, and away from close friends in real life. I'm online and getting love from them, but the challenges are real and my rechargers are far away.

If you are a regular reader of my blog, a friend, leave me a comment below telling me something, anything.
Be a friend.

5 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! I've just started reading, but I'm looking forward to reading more. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice of you to day so...especially on this particular blog post. LOL

      Delete
  2. I got ISFJ. Not sure if it's accurate for me or not and it's kind of hard to tell what's affected by the borderline personality disorder and current situation. :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your blog for a while. With two young children--not yet in school--I'm trying to figure out the best way to parent them without religion. Sometimes I feel so different from other parents. Thank you for being 'out there' with your beliefs and paving the way for those of us less brave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerry, THANK YOU for writing. It means alot to me...

      I hope to see you again soon. :)

      Delete

Leave a comment!