Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Giving out the Thanks

atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog atheist blog 

This year, as in years past, I am doing a thing on Facebook where I post a thing that I am grateful for. Each day I post a new one. I'm sure you've seen this type of post; I copied it off of someone else years ago.

I make it a point to give thanks to a specific person or thing to show that my gratitude is directed to the actual provider or facilitator of that which deserves my gratitude. This focus is super easy and natural once you get the hang of it.

For those of you interested in joining me in this family project, here is today's post just to give you an idea of the type of thing I might post. Make it a personal project or make it a family project. Feel free to grab my Thankful November meme and use it...or make one yourself!
THANKFUL NOVEMBER:
So, yeah, the holidays and some birthdays are coming and loved ones are asking the kids "What do you want?"
The kids' answer: I don't want anything.
We just have enough, you know?
We have all come to this kind of consensus where we realize that THINGS and STUFF don't fill the space. Owning the objects don't bring fulfillment. Getting another doodad or bit of stuff doesn't actually mean much.
But TIME. We realize that TIME is the greatest display of love that there is.
What do we want?
We want to be with you. For your time, we are truly thankful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!