Thursday, April 7, 2016

BORED

atheist homeschool atheist homeschool atheist homeschool atheist homeschool atheist homeschool atheist homeschool atheist homeschool atheist homeschool 

You have to have huge balls to tell me that you are bored if you live in this house.

With all of the crap...er...things we own, all of the internet and media options, books and such, and with so much freedom to explore interests, it takes some nerve to tell me that you have nothing to do. But I think that there is more to it with Elizabeth right now. 

She's bored with school and all of her classes, she's bored with work, she's bored with our house...  Sounds more like a spike in depression to me. You know? She agrees that that might be happening a bit...but she is also bored. Bored. Bored. Bored.

Even with my erudite explanation of how interesting life is and how many amazing things there are to learn about, she is still bored, bored, bored.

My child has a tendency to experience feelings in an extremely magnified way, so her boredom is massive. I comfort myself by remember being her age and feeling bored all of the time, so I'm not worried per se. But it has had me thinking, and fretting a bit.

Although I am a lover of learning, a lover of reading and researching, and a person likely to always be trying new things I'm not at all worried that my children won't follow in my footsteps...much. It's my fondest wish for them. I want it so bad! I want them to be interested people, you know? 

What if they rest on their laurels? What if they never grow into adults who continue to improve themselves? What if their current continual boredom lasts for the rest of their lives? What if their brains turn into much from all of that game playing? What if their whining of being bored never ends? What if they become apathetic slugs? 

What if Elizabeth never figures out that boredom can be an excellent opportunity to work on herself, to expand her knowledge, to become a more interesting person?

Is it remotely possible I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!